As I sit here on the eve of my 30th birthday I’ve been thinking about all the amazing and at times painful life lessons that I have learned up until now. So I thought I would share these with you in the hope that it might resonate or spark something within your soul. I know age is just a number but I can’t help but feel a bit sad and a little reflective of what my life has been like up until now. I’ve always had big dreams and visions and this sense of urgency that I just haven’t been able to shake. So much so that in the last 10 years I have pursued careers in the hotel industry, school teaching, the corporate world as an administrator, PA and office manager, and health and life coaching. I’ve had lots of personal ups and downs and learned so much so far. Learning and growing has always been my number one motivator and I think I’ve learned some pretty big lessons along the way.
So here is what I know to be true so far…
1. Having a growth mindset in life will challenge you AND reward you.
2. Love hard and love fiercely but be discerning with who you share your love with.
3. Trust has to be earned and is not just freely given.
4. Some people have negative intentions – unfortunately not everyone chooses to be a good person.
5. I choose the direction my life takes – I AM THE BRIDGE IN ALL AREAS OF MY LIFE (Bridge Experience).
6. How you do ANYTHING is how you do EVERYTHING.
7. Life is a journey and not a destination – although I do still forget this sometimes.
8. Surrender, surrender, surrender.
9. Be open to change – it will catapult you forward in life like nothing else.
10. Be vulnerable – people will love you for it.
11. I am wild, I am beautiful and I am DESERVING.
12. Trapped negative emotions stored in the body can and will manifest as ailments in the body.
13. Essential oils are powerful and nature’s most incredible gift.
14. Just when you think you’ve figured things out you haven’t really figured things out at all. Life is a process of constantly uncovering and unravelling.
15. You are not your past, stop letting it define your future.
16. Nothing is ever a mistake EVER.
17. Being a good person is a choice .
18. Presence to life is everything.
19. Some people will walk into your life for a long time, short time or to teach you a specific lesson.
20. I am whole and I am not broken – but I love improving and becoming an even better person.
21. Speak your truth – we need this more in the world now than ever.
22. Wisdom is not defined by your age – it is defined by your lived experiences.
23. Follow your dreams and keep your desires burning ALWAYS.
24. Sun and Mother Nature is important for vitality.
25. The foods we eat determine the vitality and life force of our being.
26. Some things in life take dedication and persistence – if you think you can’t…think again.
27. Express your emotions, move your body and allow yourself to revel in your humanness.
28. Life is about knowing ourselves and being true to ourselves.
29. Don’t ever let another person’s opinion of you stop you from doing what brings you joy and happiness.
30. HAVE FUN & ENJOY LIFE!